Chapman’s University Singers, under the baton of Stephen Coker, DMA, director of choral activities, are currently touring the Pacific Northwest, wending their way from Washington state down through Oregon and back into Northern California.
The tour opened Tuesday, Jan. 10 with a concert at the First Christian Church of Tacoma, Wash., and continues to the venues listed below. If you have relatives or friends in these areas, let them know that this acclaimed 34-voice mixed chamber choir will be performing a beautiful program ranging from Mendelssohn, Byrd and Rossini to contemporary pieces by George Shearing, Conrad Susa and Andrzej Zoszewski.
Back home at Chapman, the University Singers will offer a Post-Tour Concert featuring the same program they performed on tour, on Friday, Feb. 3, at 7:30 p.m. in Memorial Hall. Tickets are free with your Chapman student, faculty or staff I.D., or $10-$15 for the general public. For tickets, call 714-997-6812 (or purchase at the door).
Sunday, Jan. 15 – Lake Oswego, Ore. (near Portland), Lake Grove Presbyterian Church
- Singing at worship services at 9:30 and 11 a.m.
- Concert at 4 p.m.
Tuesday, Jan. 17 – Napa, Calif.
- Workshop at Napa High School
- Concert at 7 p.m., St. Mary’s of Napa
Wednesday, Jan. 18 – Santa Rosa, Calif.
- Workshop at Santa Rosa High School
- Concert at 7 p.m., First United Methodist Church of Santa Rosa
Thursday, Jan. 19 – Belmont, Calif. (near San Francisco)
- Workshop, Carlmont High School
- Concert at 7 p.m., Carlmont High School
Friday, Feb. 3 — Chapman University
- Post-Tour Concert at 7:30 p.m., Memorial Hall