This adventure begins along Butte Creek in the northern Sacramento Valley, just north of Sacramento, where four dams were removed to improve passage for endangered salmon and other fish Next we’ll learn about the Quagga mussels, which have spread to several reservoirs in California by hitchhiking on boats, can clog pipes and water intakes and wreak havoc with local ecosystems. Specially trained dogs are being used to inspect boats at popular water bodies such as Clear Lake to prevent further spread of the mussels.
Schools & Colleges
- Argyros School of Business and Economics
- College of Educational Studies
- College of Performing Arts
- Dodge College of Film and Media Arts
- Schmid College of Science and Technology
- School of Law
- Wilkinson College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Press Room
- One University (Student Life)
- View All Blogs
- California Missions (10)
- California's Communities (15)
- California's Gold (265)
- California's Golden Coast (9)
- California's Golden Fairs (8)
- California's Golden Parks (40)
- California's Green (34)
- California's Water (27)
- Downtown (12)
- Memorial (7)
- Our Neighborhoods (4)
- Palm Springs (12)
- Palm Springs Week (10)
- Road Trip (35)
- Specials (14)
- Visiting (238)
Welcome to the Huell Howser California’s Gold Archive, a special collection of Huell Howser’s entire California’s Gold television series, presented by Chapman University.
To look for a specific episode or just view the library, you can do a keyword search or search by season.
Have fun and howdy!
One University Drive, Orange, CA 92866 | (714) 997-6815
© 2013 Chapman University