Huell gets a behind the scenes tour and takes the “swim of a lifetime” in the Neptune Pool at Hearst Castle, which is arguably one of the most spectacular pools in the world and the highlight of any tour. It is fed by mountain water and is surrounded by ancient Roman style columns and statues. Designed by architect Julia Morgan, the Neptune Pool was started in 1924 and was finally completed after several redesigns and re-buildings in 1936.
Schools & Colleges
- Argyros School of Business and Economics
- College of Educational Studies
- College of Performing Arts
- Dodge College of Film and Media Arts
- Schmid College of Science and Technology
- School of Law
- Wilkinson College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Press Room
- One University (Student Life)
- View All Blogs
- California Missions (10)
- California's Communities (15)
- California's Gold (265)
- California's Golden Coast (9)
- California's Golden Fairs (8)
- California's Golden Parks (40)
- California's Green (34)
- California's Water (27)
- Downtown (12)
- Memorial (7)
- Our Neighborhoods (4)
- Palm Springs (12)
- Palm Springs Week (10)
- Road Trip (35)
- Specials (14)
- Visiting (238)
Welcome to the Huell Howser California’s Gold Archive, a special collection of Huell Howser’s entire California’s Gold television series, presented by Chapman University.
To look for a specific episode or just view the library, you can do a keyword search or search by season.
Have fun and howdy!
One University Drive, Orange, CA 92866 | (714) 997-6815
© 2013 Chapman University