You’re Invited to an “Amazing” Event! Open House to Celebrate the Grand Opening of a New, Permanent Huell Howser Exhibit at Chapman University, Saturday, March 29!
Exhibit sponsored by the Automobile Club of Southern California
The joy that the late TV legend Huell Howser shared with generations of Californians infuses a new permanent exhibit, sponsored by the Automobile Club of Southern California, to be housed in Chapman University’s Leatherby Libraries – and you’re invited to join us for the grand opening!
“That’s Amazing! Thirty Years of Huell Howser and California’s Gold” opens to the public on Saturday, March 29, 2014 with an open house that will include:
- Personal appearances by some of the favorite people showcased on Huell’s shows.
- Food vendors featured on memorable episodes of the shows will be on site selling tasty treats.
- The world premiere of a new movie, A Golden State of Mind: The Storytelling Genius of Huell Howser. Chapman film professor Jeff Swimmer’s new movie takes you on a behind-the-scenes tour of the amazing world of Huell and his California’s Gold series. Enjoy seeing how the series was filmed, with appearances by Huell’s friends, colleagues and the production team that helped him create his offbeat and unforgettable adventures.
- The release of AAA’s brand-new California’s Gold tour map – a wonderful new map of the Golden State that marks the locations where many favorite episodes of Huell’s show were filmed. AAA will be on site to hand out free maps while supplies last.
- Free tours of the exhibit, which features a replica of Huell’s office, a quote wall, career artifacts, pieces from his eclectic personal art collection, and fan gifts from his travels throughout California.
The exhibit and personal appearances by the stars of California’s Gold are FREE.
The movie screenings are ticketed: $12 online in advance and $15 at the door. AAA members will receive a discounted movie price of $10. Screening times are 10 a.m., noon, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.
To purchase movie tickets, please select the “purchase tickets” button below. For questions regarding movie ticket sales, please call (714) 744-2176.
Proceeds from movie ticket sales help to support the Huell Howser Archives and Collection and the permanent exhibit.
Event parking is available in the Barrera Structure at Sycamore and Lemon and in the Lastinger Structure located off Walnut between Glassell and Center. No permits are required to park on the day of the event. For more details about exhibit and parking locations view our interactive campus map.
Supporting California’s Gold
Huell Howser brought warmth and generosity into this world through his life and work, creating a legacy that will continue to delight and educate generations. To support the legacy of Huell Howser’s life and work, donations can be made to one of these two funds: California’s Gold Scholarship Endowment and California’s Gold Collection Endowment
The day’s events brought to you by Chapman University and KCET