Chapman third year law student, Jessi Castro, was selected to be one of five finalists contending for the first-ever EB-5 Visa Awareness Scholarship. Finalists were members of their schools’ immigration law associations, asked to research and write on the EB-5 visa to promote awareness of this important program. Participants had the opportunity to engage in dialogue with leading attorneys working on EB-5 issues.

jessi

Jessi Castro is an active member of the Fowler Law School’s Immigration Law Society and Public Interest Law Foundation

Each scholarship candidate was required to write a brief article about the EB-5 visa as part of the application process. Jessi’s article, A Visa for the Visionaries, explained the unique nature of the EB-5 visa. Jessi joins students from Brigham Young J. Reuben Clark Law School, Cornell University Law School,  George Mason Univesity School of Law, and Santa Clara School of Law.

“I was able to experience a whole new area of immigration law, and learn the practical things a textbook can’t teach you,” Jessi noted. “I am very grateful for this educational experience, and know that my future clients will be better-represented with my knowledge of the EB-5 visa.”