Students at Chapman University Dale E. Fowler School of Law study in hopes that they might receive awards for the highest grade in their respective classes. But it is safe to assume Ali Bollbach
(JD ’14)
did not anticipate the
Honorable Theodor Albert
, Federal Bankruptcy Court Judge and Fowler Bankruptcy Law Professor, nominating her for the Excellence Award from the American Bankruptcy Institute for her achievement in bankruptcy.

“Receiving this award was one of the highlights of my time in law school, and being able to share that moment with those I learned from and love was absolutely wonderful. I am extremely passionate about this field of law and this award fuels me to keep pushing further,” Bollbach said.

ali-bollbach-excellence-award

Ali’s interest in bankruptcy law started with her externship through Fowler Law’s program in fall 2012. “I was exposed to an assortment of motions and was able to sit in on a range of hearings. The ability to receive school credit while gaining practical legal knowledge was extremely valuable,” she said.

After completing her externship, she took Judge Albert’s Bankruptcy I course during the fall 2013 semester. Judge Albert was appointed by the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit to the bench in 2005 and is an active member of the Orange County Bankruptcy Forum. He teaches the class in a way that inspires students to be zealous practitioners and he “raised the bar by bringing in guest lecturers, including an Assistant U.S. Attorney, a Chapter 7 Trustee and a Chapter 13 Trustee,” according to Bollbach.

The
American Bankruptcy Institute
and its 13,000 attorneys, auctioneers, bankers, judges, lenders, professors, turnaround specialists, accountants and other bankruptcy professionals act as a research and education organization focusing on insolvency matters.