If you check your campus email regularly, you may notice some new and exciting changes coming to your inbox starting Thursday. Feb. 7th. At SMC we’ve been working hard to find a solution to the large amount of emails we send to the campus community, and good news – we’ve figured it out!
From now on, SMC will no longer be sending individual emails to the internal campus community, but instead have developed a brand new template that will contain a list of all upcoming events for clients throughout the university, sent out once a week on Thursdays. These emails will be similar to the “Weekly News and Events Updates” sent out every Monday, just in a slightly different format with a different design.
To make things as easy as possible for everyone requesting an email through SMC, we’ve developed the following guidelines to help the process go as smoothly as possible for everyone. To submit a request for an email to highlight your upcoming event, please contact your AE. When making a request, please consider the following:
- A request must be submitted to your AE by no later than 5 p.m. Tuesday evening.
- Provide a link to a relevant blog post, whether on your own schools/colleges blog, or if your department doesn’t have a blog, contact Dawn Bonker to see if a post can be written in Happenings.
- Ensure that your email copy does not exceed 55 words .
- Provide an appropriate photo for use in the email.
- If you have any additional questions about our new policy, please don’t hesitate to contact your AE or Web Coordinator and we’ll be happy to assist you.