Perhaps you have heard you can use Blackboard Organizations to organize groups of people, send emails, and share files, but you don’t know where to start. Attend a workshop in the Tech Hub (DeMille 104) on either
- Tuesday, Oct 16 at 1pm, or
- Thursday, Oct 18 at 2pm
to learn how you can use Blackboard Organizations to collaborate and organize people, documents, and communication.
Blackboard Organizations are designed for use by departments for their majors, minors or “non-academic” community groups such as committees, work groups, clubs, and teams. Organizations provide a collection of web-based tools, making it easy for group members to participate in online activities:
- Document sharing (papers, agendas, minutes, reports, etc.)
- Planning and administration (announcements, calendar)
- Communication (mailing lists, discussion boards)
- Groups (communications and document sharing between members)
- Online Surveys
- Links to other online resources (web pages, databases, videos)
A Blackboard Organization is managed by one or more Leaders who can build the content of the site, and enable communications tools for the participants. Additional participants may be assigned support roles such as assistant or builder which have limited administrative privileges.
For more information attend one of the upcoming workshops above, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.