On December 3, 2018, Blackboard course sites from the 2015-2016 academic year will be archived and removed from the Blackboard server. If you have materials that you would like to access from a course that is slated to be archived, please save a copy of this course to your own computer now. The policy of archiving older course sites was approved by the Faculty Academic Council on November 19, 2009.
If a need arises for you to access a course that has been archived and removed from Blackboard, please contact the Service Desk at email@example.com. If there is a course from the 2015-2016 academic year that is still being used and you would like to request that it stay on Blackboard, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with that request as soon as possible.
If you would like assistance saving a local copy of a course site, please contact the Instructional Technologist at email@example.com.
SAVING A LOCAL COPY OF A BLACKBOARD COURSE SITE:
1. Login to Blackboard (blackboard.chapman.edu).
2. Click on your course site in the “My Courses” menu.
3. Go to the Control Panel (on the left-hand sidebar menu). Select “Packages and Utilities” to reveal a dropdown menu.
4. Click “Export/Archive Course”
5. Click the “Export Package” button near the top left of the screen.
6. Under the File Attachments section select:
Course Files Default Directory: Copy only links to course default directory files.
Files Outside of the Course Default Directory: Copy only links to files stored outside of the course default directory
Under select course materials select: The items you want to save in your export file by checking the box next to them.
7. Click “Submit” at the bottom right corner of the screen.
8. You should then see a bar across the top of your screen that reads:
“Success: This action has been queued. An email will be sent when the process is complete.”
After you receive the confirmation email, navigate back to the Export page through the Control Panel of your course site (i.e. follow the first 4 steps above)
9. You will then see the ZIP file of the exported course in the menu on the Export page. Click the ZIP file to save it to your computer (note: you will not be able to access the contents of this file without importing it into a Blackboard course site).
10. When you want to open this file for use with another course, you will use the “Import Package” Link in the Control Panel under “Packages and Utilities.”