Save the date, a new hands-on event has just been added to the Blackboard LMS Review Calendar!
On Dec 5, between 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, Dec 6, between 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm the Tech Hub will host an LMS Review Sandbox Event. There will be three rooms, three support staff, and three LMSs (Bb Ultra | Brightspace | Canvas). Choose to try one, two or all three Learning Management Systems!
Every 30 minutes there will be a change in hands-on activity:
12/5 10:00 am Tech Hub (DeMille 104)
12/6 1:00 pm Tech Hub (DeMille 104)
- Create an announcement
- Create or upload course content/material
- Organize/Edit content
- Create a discussion for students and grade posts
12/5 10:30 am Tech Hub (DeMille 104)
12/6 1:30 pm Tech Hub (DeMille 104)
- Create an assignment, and grade sample assignments
- Provide audio/video feedback on an assignment
- Create a quiz, and grade sample quizzes
- Create a grade column
12/5 11:00 am Tech Hub (DeMille 104)
12/6 12:00 pm Tech Hub (DeMille 104)
- Send an email/message to students
- View the course like a student
- View student roster
- Take attendance
12/5 11:00 am – 12:00 pm DeMille 100
12/6 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm DeMille 100
Bonus: Student Activity (iPad/Tablet/Mobile)
- Mobile Apps – Take a quiz; get feedback
- Mobile Apps – Check grades
- Mobile Apps – Upload an assignment
Note, sessions repeat again at 12/5 11:30 am or 12/6 12:30 pm, with schedule subject to change depending on audience questions and requests.
At the end, leave with your own sandboxes to further experiment with the three modern learning environments!
Light refreshments served, feel free to bring a friend!