Can’t join us in person at the Tech Hub. Join us remotely from your laptop or tablet!
*NEW* Additional Bb Ally Guest Event with Dr. John Scott @ Rinker Campus!
- DATE: Thursday, March 7
- TIME: 1:00pm-2:00 pm
- LOCATION: RINKER 94-130
- BYOD: Bring your own laptop! Or let us know firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for a special event on Universal Design for Learning.
- DATE: Monday, March 11
- TIME: 10 AM to 11 AM
- LOCATION: The Tech Hub, DeMille 104
Accessible content authoring is not only essential for students who use assistive technologies, but it also results in more usable, flexible content that can adapt to diverse student needs and devices.
- discuss some of the key terms and research around inclusive learning and Universal Design for Learning (UDL), and the different ways Ally’s alternative formats and instructor feedback help support those learning goals.
- form teams and work on a series of accessibility and UDL challenges, focused around content authoring, content remediation, multimodal literacy, and curriculum design.
- leave with one strategy or idea to make their learning environment more inclusive for all their learners.
Space is limited. Please RSVP to reserve your space!
John Scott is a Product Manager for Blackboard Ally. Prior to joining the Blackboard Ally team, John worked on his PhD in Learning Sciences and New Media at the University of California Berkeley, where he designed, taught, and researched online learning courses focused on collaborative learning, multimodal literacy, and Universal Design for Learning. He spent 4 years as a Special Education teacher in New York City public schools, specializing in technology-mediated literacy and learning. He is passionate about supporting teachers adopt new technologies and inclusive pedagogies in their practice. Blackboard Ally Usergroup: https://usergroup.ally.ac/dashboard