I do find Fall such an exciting time of year. Perhaps you, like me, can hardly wait to meet the students who will enter your classroom next week.

As we head into this new term, I wanted to remind you of all the fantastic resources we have to ensure your teaching success. First of all, you will find help on all types of teaching technologies available in the Tech Hub (DeMille 104), which is open Monday thru Friday from 8am to 5pm. Do feel free to drop in if you need help with Blackboard, GoogleDocs, teaching with your iPad, or have a more general question such as how to create content for hybrid courses.

Of note this fall is a new tool that we have available, the Online Classroom Inventory, which provides instructions for the use of classroom technology. We hope that this will be an especially useful resource for all of the faculty who will be teaching in the new technology-rich classrooms in the newly-renovated Smith Hall.

Finally, I wanted to share a few teaching resources that you might find particularly thought-provoking as you’re preparing for Fall:

PS: A bonus for those who read to the end of this article: the first three Chapman instructors who send me an email (remy@chapman.edu) with “Welcome to Fall 2019” in the subject line, will receive a complimentary copy of Small Teaching by James Lang. UPDATE: The books have found new owners.  Check back next month for another giveaway!