Are you getting an error in Blackboard Learn that looks like a red horizontal bar?
Some users have been experiencing this error while in Blackboard and it appears to be affecting both Mac and PC users while in both Chrome and Firefox.
If you get this error, note that in the bottom right-hand corner is an “OK” button. If you click that button the system will take you back to the previous page and you can make your attempt again. It usually will take your attempt the second time.
Getting this error usually means your browser needs to be updated and/or cache/cookies need to be cleared.
I have personally found it helpful to set my browser to automatically clear cache/cookies every time I quit my browser.
- Open the Chrome browser
- Open the Chrome Toolbar (3 lines to the right of the URL window) and then select Settings
- Select Show advanced settings…
- Click the Content Settings button located under the Privacy section
- Under the first section labeled Cookies, select Keep local data only until you quit your browser
- Click Done
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button and then select Options
- Select the Privacy panel
- In the History section, set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history
- Select the checkbox for Clear history when Firefox closes
- click the Settings button. The Settings for Clearing History window will open
- In the Settings for Clearing History window, click the checkmark box next to Cache.
- Click OK