Faculty and Staff
All faculty and staff are strongly encouraged to attend Canvas trainings. Please visit the Canvas Training page to register for a session. For faculty and staff who are not able to attend a hands-on workshop, they are encouraged to watch the videos below.
Recommendations on Transferring Course Content from Blackboard to Canvas (2 minute, 42-second overview)
In addition to the training sessions, faculty can watch the following videos:
- Course Basics (54 minutes)
- Course Basics provides an overview of the layout and features included in a Canvas course. Users will learn about the Course Navigation Menu and individual components that can be used to deliver content and assess student performance. This introductory demonstration provides users with the background knowledge to begin their Canvas journey.
- Growing with Canvas is a self-paced online training course provided by Canvas. You can find it on your Canvas dashboard.
- Instructor Guides – A series of guides for instructors about Canvas tools and features.
- Instructor Video Guides – A series of videos for instructors about Canvas tools and features.
Release Notes – View the most recent release notes
If you have a Canvas question or run into a problem, please contact Canvas 24/7 Support via the “help” menu in your Canvas Global Navigation menu or call 1 (833) 531-9763.
- The Student Experience (18 minutes) –This introduction video walks through the student Canvas experience. Please fast forward to 1 minute into the video. The first minute does not apply to Chapman students.
- Student Guides – A series of guides for students about Canvas tools and features
If you have a Canvas question or run into a problem, please contact Canvas 24/7 Support via the “help” menu in your Canvas Global Navigation menu or call 1 (833) 531-9762.