Information Technology Services has contracted with Instructure, the company behind Canvas, to provide 24 hours a day, 7 days a week technical support for all Chapman faculty, staff, and students. This “anytime/anywhere” support is essential given the way in which the community will use Canvas.
Canvas support representatives have deep knowledge of the Canvas platform and they will be available to assist you at any time of the day or night.
*Canvas Tier 1 support cannot assist you with password resets, Chapman email, or any other Chapman-specific technical issues. Please contact the IS&T Service Desk for those issues at (714) 997-6600 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You may access Canvas help via the “Help” link located at the bottom of the global navigation menu (far left part of your Canvas screen). You have several options:
- Search the Canvas Guides: this should be your first stop, especially for “how-to” questions. The guides are indexed, easy to search, and always up to date. This is likely to be the quickest way for you to get the answer you are looking for.
- Report a Problem: will generate a ticket with Canvas and should be primarily used for reporting bugs or errors.
- Canvas Support Hotline: a hotline unique to Chapman University for speaking directly with Canvas Support
- Faculty: 1 (833) 531-9763
- Students: 1 (833) 531-9762
- Chat with Canvas Support: opens a live online chat session with Canvas Support.
- Ask The Community: will direct you to the Canvas user forums, where you can review and discuss feature requests, best practices, etc.
- Request a feature: if you have an idea to improve Canvas, you can submit it here.