Dear Spring 2020 Early Adopters,
Spring session is 4 weeks away. Some of you have already been attending training sessions on Canvas and started building out your courses. Bravo!
If you haven’t gotten started yet, get out that calendar! Here are some ideas of what to do this week to prepare and start building your course(s).
Log on to canvas.chapman.edu and look at your dashboard.
Are all your courses there for Spring 2020? Do you see your Sandbox and your Growing with Canvas course for training?
Have you looked at training opportunities in January? Plan to look at your training options and sign up for training this week.
- Sign up for in-person training
- Watch archived recordings
- Go through the Growing with Canvas training on your Canvas dashboard
- Complete Canvas training on Linkedin.com/learning. Linkedin Learning is free for all Chapman faculty, staff, and students. Sign in with your Chapman credentials.
- Attend Drop-in training either in person or via Zoom . Have any questions that aren’t covered in the training, or want someone to take a look at your course so far? Need someone on hand to answer questions while you build out your course? Take note of all the Drop-in Training Hours available via Zoom, in the Tech Hub (Orange) or at Rinker.
- Are you going to JanCon2020? Check out the schedule to see the various Canvas training opportunities. Registration for JanCon2020 is still open!
Add your profile picture to Canvas
Follow the step-by-step instructions to add your profile picture.
Upload your syllabus to your course
All Canvas courses have a special Syllabus tab. You can add your syllabus as a file, an embedded PDF, or as an embedded Google doc. The choice is yours! Try it out in different ways and decide what works best for you.
Upload your files
You likely have lots of files, such as readings, PowerPoint presentations, etc. Get them uploaded to Canvas in your Files section this week! That way, they will be ready to place into Modules when it’s time to build out your course.
Questions? Check the Canvas webpage at www.chapman.edu/canvas
Stay tuned for more tips next week!