Example of Academic Integrity Statement, from Melissa Rowland-Goldsmith:
Instructions for academic integrity for this exam:
- All cell phones and other electronic devices (except your computer or tablet) must be turned off.
- You are not allowed to use your computer or tablet except to:
- Use the Canvas quiz tab to keep track of your timer
- Email your instructor if you have any questions
- No outside aids or resources are allowed. You are not allowed to use your notes, textbook, or any other resource.
- You are not allowed to communicate with any other human being (other than the instructor) while taking this exam.
- If you have questions on the exam, you may either use the Zoom link provided by your instructor to ask questions or you may also email your instructor ASAP and they will get back to you as soon as they can.
- You may not share, disseminate, or discuss these questions with any other student in another section of this course who has not taken the exam yet; doing so is considered academic dishonesty and will lead to nullification of exam grades.
- This assessment may not be posted online or disseminated.
- There will no tolerance towards academic dishonesty, and cheating can and will lead to automatic failure from the class as well as a report to the Academic Integrity Committee.
- You must sign the statement below on academic integrity for this exam to be graded.
My signature below constitutes my pledge that I have followed Chapman University’s policy on academic integrity as well as the specific instructions for this quiz. I affirm that this exam represents my own work, without the use of any unpermitted aids or resources. I understand that there will no tolerance towards academic dishonesty, and that cheating can and will lead to automatic failure from the class as well as a report to the Academic Integrity Committee.