There are three types of HyFlex classrooms available to you on campus.
Prime – Includes a Zoom Panel for direct connection to a Zoom meeting. The microphones are mounted on the ceiling and will capture sound from anywhere in the room. The classroom cameras are either mounted on the ceiling or the back wall and give a clear view of the whiteboard and the instructor’s lectern.
- Important note – If you are in a Prime classroom and teaching from the podium computer, you will manage your Zoom meeting on the Zoom Panel. The Panel cannot create and manage breakout rooms. If you want to use Zoom’s breakout room feature, you have to use your personal computer.
- Managing HyFlex Prime classroom from the podium computer
- Managing HyFlex Prime classroom from your laptop
Flexcam – In these classrooms, Zoom uses the Desktop Computer to start the meeting. The Flexcam is a high-quality webcam with an integrated microphone mounted on a free-standing portable suspension bracket with a 15’ cable. The camera view can include the whiteboard or the instructor’s lectern.
Connect – You can join Zoom meetings using the Desktop Computer. The wall-mounted camera becomes the primary video source and uses the room control panel to adjust the camera shot. The microphone is mounted on the instructor’s station or table.
Classroom resources and videos:
- List of classrooms and room types
- HyFlex Classroom QuickStart Guide
- HyFlex Prime faculty training video
- HyFlex Prime staff training video
Here are some Zoom resources that we encourage you to take advantage of. Going through these resources will help you navigate through your Zoom meetings and manage your Zoom meetings better.
- Zoom Room Meeting Controls and Settings
- Breakout Rooms (manage from your computer)
- Manage Participants (manage from your computer)
Also, Zoom has created a YouTube channel with lots of tutorial videos. Please click on the link below to access it.