What is CanvasCon?
It’s a FREE global conference for educators, edtech experts, Canvas lovers, and Canvas lurkers. And for the health and safety of all attendees, it’s virtual. Join in for professional development, idea-sharing, and skill-building.
The event will be hosted live on October 15th at 10 a.m. in Sydney, London, and Salt Lake City. (Visit the FAQ page for more info about timing for PST).
- A morning full of inspirational keynotes
- Dedicated time to chat with peers, partners, and product experts
- An interactive virtual partner hall
- The best of the best breakout sessions
- Plenty of virtual fun and friend-making
Who are the keynote speakers?
LeVar Burton is an actor, director, educator, and co-founder of the award-winning Skybrary App; former host and executive producer of PBS’s “Reading Rainbow;” and a lifelong children’s literacy advocate. He hosts his own podcast, “LeVar Burton Reads,” sharing the best short fiction, handpicked by the best voice in podcasting. LeVar also has a new YouTube series, “This Is My Story,” which highlights racism in America.
Sal Khan is the founder and CEO of the nonprofit Khan Academy. Sal Khan seeks to remove the barriers to education that leave over 600 million children lacking basic math and reading skills. His free, world-class curriculum—available to anyone, anywhere—has made a massive impact, with the academy’s videos reaching over a billion views.
Are there any sessions specific for higher education?
- Why the right LMS can transform online learning
- Why Canvas’ commitment to openness means you’re better connected
- Why portfolios are key to student success
- Changing LMS? Inspire Faculty Canvas Adoption Through a Complete Course Re-design Incentive | Kim Welch & Jana Remy, Chapman University
- Reports From the Frontier: Academic Continuity | Adon Irani, University of Toronto Scarborough
- 10 Ways to Make Online Learning More Engaging | Sean Nufer, TCS Education System
- How the LTI App Store Made the COVID-19 Online Transition a Snap | Gabe Abrams, Harvard University
- ePortfolio: Changing Traditional Transactions Into Transformational Experiences | Suzel Molina, Palo Alto College
- Keys to a Successful Canvas Implementation | Páll Ásgeir Torfason, University of Iceland
Can I see the agenda?
Yes, you can! See the agenda.
Registration closes October 9, so don’t wait to register. Find the registration link and learn more at the Canvas CanvasCon website.