Dear Chapman University faculty,
Proctorio is a remote proctoring tool integrated into Canvas quizzes that helps maintain online exams’ academic integrity. It allows instructors to choose settings that manage how an exam is proctored.
Proctorio offers an array of settings. However, it is up to you to select your preferred settings depending on your course topic, quiz type (i.e., multiple-choice, file upload), your proctoring needs, and other factors.
If you are planning on using Proctorio, we highly recommend that you create a test quiz to try out Proctorio’s settings and give your students a chance to familiarize themselves with this tool.
We also recommend that you do not enable all of the Proctorio exam settings and instead use minimal settings to avoid creating technical challenges for your students.
Important note: If you are not enabling the ‘Record Video’ setting, you do not need to enable the ‘Verify Video’ setting
- Instructor Getting Started Guide
- Proctorio Gradebook in Canvas
- Proctorio Support for Test-Takers
- Download Proctorio Chrome Extension
- Introducing Proctorio, Info for students
- Creating an Exam with Proctorio in Canvas
- Student Resources Canvas course (click on Student Information for Proctorio)
If you have any questions about this tool, please contact the Educational Technology Services team at email@example.com; or visit our Virtual Tech Hub, Monday to Friday, 9:30 to 11:30 AM, and 2:30 to 4:30 PM at http://bit.ly/virtualtechhub.