The window for conducting the spring 2021 semester online course evaluations will begin on Monday, May 3, at 8 a.m. and end on Saturday, May 15, at 11:59 p.m. Please access the spring 2021 semester calendar.
What do faculty need to do?
- Please be sure that your Canvas course is published and that Course Evaluations are enabled in your course’s navigation (it is enabled by default, but here is a video with step-by-step instructions on how to enable).
- Inform students what day during the window they will complete the evaluation during class (whether virtual or in-person).
- If your class will not be meeting (whether virtual or in-person) during the evaluation window, faculty should email students and tell them to fill out the evaluation on their own.
- Evaluations can be filled out on any internet-enabled device (cell phones, laptop/tablet).
- Instruct students to go to Canvas (https://canvas.chapman.edu), click on the course they would like to complete the evaluation for, and then click on ‘Course Evaluations’ that will appear in the left navigation.
Faculty can access the current response rate for any open course evaluation via Canvas. The target response rate for all classes is a minimum of 80%.
Keep in mind that:
- Classes with 5 or fewer students will not be evaluated.
- Typically, only classes labeled LEC, LAB, and ACT are evaluated.
- Independent study, study abroad, internships, fieldwork, directed teaching, project/thesis, and research and creative activity courses are not evaluated unless by request.
- Cross-listed courses are evaluated under the primary course only.
- Faculty must have a faculty work load greater than 0% to be evaluated.
- This does not include evaluation windows for the Non Standard Session, Worldwide, S1 (8 week) or S2 (8 week) calendars. Faculty & students in such courses receive individualized emails with the evaluation windows and should refer to those emails for key dates.
Grades are due Monday, May 31. We are unable to release evaluation results until ALL grades from ALL faculty members are submitted. As soon as all grades are received, evaluation results in PDF form are emailed to each instructor at their official Chapman.edu email address. We anticipate this will be around June 14.
If you have any questions throughout the course evaluation window, please contact us at email@example.com.