The Argyros School of Business and Economics Faculty create research on topics impacting businesses big and small around the globe. These studies, articles and papers are consistently found in the leading business journals and publications. We are extremely proud of the contributions. We had 93 papers published or accepted in the academic year 2017 – 2018. Since June 1, 2018, we’ve had 27 publications. Check back each month for an updated list.
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
- Freeman, David, Erik Kimbrough, Garrett Petersen and Hanh Tong, “Instructions,” Journal of the Economic Science Association.
- Graebner, F. Lumineau and Darcy Fudge Kamal, “Unrequited: Asymmetry in interorganizational trust,” Strategic Organization.
- Kathuria, Ravi, Narinder Nath Kathuria and Abhishek Kathuria, “Mutually supportive or trade-offs: An analysis of competitive priorities in the emerging economy of India,” The Journal of High Technology Management Research 29(2), 227 – 236.
- McCarter, Matthew, Kimberly Wade-Benzoni, Darcy Fudge Kamal, H. Min Bang, Steven Hyde and Reshma Maredia, “Models of intragroup conflict in management: A literature review,” Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
- Smith, Vernon, A Life in Experimental Economics, Vol. 1: The First Forty Years, Cham, Switzerland: Springer Nature 2018.
- Smith, Vernon, A Life in Experimental Economics, Vol. 2: The Next Fifty Years, Cham, Switzerland: Springer Nature 2018.
- Kotkin, Joel and Marshall Toplansky, “California Feudalism: The Squeeze on the Middle Class,” Center for Demographics & Policy Research Brief.
June – October, 2018
- Banerjee, Swapnendu and Sougata Poddar, “To sell or not to sell: Licensing versus selling by an outside innovator” Economic Modelling.
- Bigoni, Maria and Gabriele Camera, “Cooperation, Monetary Trade, and the Choice of Scale of Interaction,” American Economic Journal: Microeconomics.
- Camera, Gabriele and Jaehong Kim, “Equilibrium Wage Rigidity in Directed Search,” 2018. Journal of Mathematical Economics 78: 68 – 78.
- Chakravarthy, Jivas, “Ideological Diversity in Standard Setting,” Review of Accounting Studies.
- Cortes, Gustavo and Marc Weidenmier, “Stock Volatility and the Great Depression,” Review of Financial Studies.
- DeSantis, Mark, Matthew McCarter and Abel Winn. “Land Assembly with Taxes, Not Takings,” Applied Economics Letters.
- DeScioli, Peter and Erik O. Kimbrough. “Alliance Formation in a Side-taking Experiment.” Forthcoming. Journal of Experimental Political Science.
- Hersh, Jonathan and M. Harding, “Big Data in Economics,” IZA World of Labor.
- Jambulingam, Thani, Maheshkumar Joshi and Ravi Kathuria. “Competitive Analysis of CRM Strategies Using Analytic Hierarchy Process,” Management Dynamics.
- Joshi, Maheshkumar, Ravi Kathuria and Sidhartha Das. “Corporate Entrepreneurship in Digital Era: The Cascading Effect Through Operations,” Journal of Entrepreneurship.
- Kimbrough, Erik O. and Alexander Vostroknutov. “A Portable Method of Eliciting Respect for Social Norms,” 2018. Economics Letters 168: 147-150.
- Kovenock, Dan, Brian Roberson and Roman Sheremeta, “The Attack and Defense of Weakest-Link Networks,” Public Choice.
- Leland, Jonathan, Mark Schneider and Nathaniel Wilcox, “Minimal Frames and Transparent Frames for Risk, Time, and Uncertainty,” Management Science.
- Li, Jing, Lin Nan and Ran Zhao, “Corporate Governance Roles of Information Quality and Corporate Takeovers,” Review of Accounting Studies.
- Nistor, Cristina, Tylan Yalcin and E. Pehlivan, “Duplicity in Alternative Marketing Communications,” Markets, Globalization & Development Review.
- Schneider, Mark, Jonathan Leland and Nathaniel Wilcox, “Ambiguity Framed,” Journal of Risk and Uncertainty.
- Shukla, Pradip, “LidSuperior X Lid: A Case on Launching a New Patented Cup Lid in the United States,” Journal of Business Case Studies.
- Toplansky, Marshall. “Orange County: Emerging Superstar?” Orange County Business Journal July 30, 2018.
- Turk, Tom and Candace Ybarra (Forthcoming), “Property Rights and Value Creation in Organizations,” Journal of Marketing and Strategic Management.
- Van Leeuwen, Boris, Abhijit Ramalingam and David Rojo-Arjona, “Centrality and Cooperation in Networks,” Experimental Economics.