The Argyros School of Business and Economics Faculty create research on topics impacting businesses big and small around the globe. These books, studies, articles and papers are consistently found in the leading business journals and publications. We are extremely proud of the contributions. We had 93 papers published or accepted in the academic year 2017 – 2018. Since June 1, 2018, we’ve had 34 publications. Check back each month for an updated list.
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
- Hajikhameneh, Aidin and Jared Rubin (Forthcoming), “Exchange in the Absence of Legal Enforcement: Reputation and Multilateral Punishment under Uncertainty,” Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization.
- McCarter, Matthew, Jonathan Clark, Darcy Fudge Kamal and Abel Winn (2018), “Like a Jar of Flies? A Study of Self-Control in an Organizational Social Dilemma with Large Stakes,” PLOS ONE 13(12): https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0207808.
- McCarter, Matthew and Abel Winn (Forthcoming), “The Rational Irrationality of Auction Fever: Evidence from Amazon.com Gift Cards, Consumer Products on eBay, and the Behavioral Laboratory,” Journal of Marketing Behavior.
- Rubin, Jared (2018), “Review of Jean-Philippe Platteau, Islam Instrumentalized: Religion and Politics in Historical Perspective,” Journal of Economic Literature 56(4): 1601-1603.
- Vrogov, Roumen, Richard Shang, Vernon Smith and David Porter (Forthcoming), “Let’s Play the Search Game: Strategic and Behavioral Properties of Sponsored Search Auction Mechanisms,” Electronic Commerce Research and Applications.
- Myhr, Niklas (2018), “Understanding the Global Implications of Social Media,” in Jon Mitchell Jackson (ed.) The Ultimate Guide to Social Media for Business Owners, Professionals and Entrepreneurs, Independently Published.
- Rubin, Jared (2018), “Global Divergence and Economic Change,” in Matthias Blum and Chris Colvin (eds.) An Economist’s Guide to Economic History, New York: Palgrave, MacMillan, 193 – 200.
June – November, 2018
- Banerjee, Swapnendu and Sougata Poddar, “To sell or not to sell: Licensing versus selling by an outside innovator” Economic Modelling.
- Bigoni, Maria and Gabriele Camera, “Cooperation, Monetary Trade, and the Choice of Scale of Interaction,” American Economic Journal: Microeconomics.
- Camera, Gabriele and Jaehong Kim, “Equilibrium Wage Rigidity in Directed Search,” 2018. Journal of Mathematical Economics 78: 68 – 78.
- Chakravarthy, Jivas, “Ideological Diversity in Standard Setting,” Review of Accounting Studies.
- Cortes, Gustavo and Marc Weidenmier, “Stock Volatility and the Great Depression,” Review of Financial Studies.
- DeSantis, Mark, Matthew McCarter and Abel Winn. “Land Assembly with Taxes, Not Takings,” Applied Economics Letters.
- DeScioli, Peter and Erik O. Kimbrough. “Alliance Formation in a Side-taking Experiment.” Forthcoming. Journal of Experimental Political Science.
- Freeman, David, Erik Kimbrough, Garrett Petersen and Hanh Tong, “Instructions,” Journal of the Economic Science Association.
- Graebner, F. Lumineau and Darcy Fudge Kamal, “Unrequited: Asymmetry in interorganizational trust,” Strategic Organization.
- Hersh, Jonathan and M. Harding, “Big Data in Economics,” IZA World of Labor.
- Jambulingam, Thani, Maheshkumar Joshi and Ravi Kathuria. “Competitive Analysis of CRM Strategies Using Analytic Hierarchy Process,” Management Dynamics.
- Joshi, Maheshkumar, Ravi Kathuria and Sidhartha Das. “Corporate Entrepreneurship in Digital Era: The Cascading Effect Through Operations,” Journal of Entrepreneurship.
- Kathuria, Ravi, Narinder Nath Kathuria and Abhishek Kathuria, “Mutually supportive or trade-offs: An analysis of competitive priorities in the emerging economy of India,” The Journal of High Technology Management Research 29(2), 227 – 236.
- Kimbrough, Erik O. and Alexander Vostroknutov. “A Portable Method of Eliciting Respect for Social Norms,” 2018. Economics Letters 168: 147-150.
- Kotkin, Joel and Marshall Toplansky, “California Feudalism: The Squeeze on the Middle Class,” Center for Demographics & Policy Research Brief.
- Kovenock, Dan, Brian Roberson and Roman Sheremeta, “The Attack and Defense of Weakest-Link Networks,” Public Choice.
- Leland, Jonathan, Mark Schneider and Nathaniel Wilcox, “Minimal Frames and Transparent Frames for Risk, Time, and Uncertainty,” Management Science.
- Li, Jing, Lin Nan and Ran Zhao, “Corporate Governance Roles of Information Quality and Corporate Takeovers,” Review of Accounting Studies.
- McCarter, Matthew, Kimberly Wade-Benzoni, Darcy Fudge Kamal, H. Min Bang, Steven Hyde and Reshma Maredia, “Models of intragroup conflict in management: A literature review,” Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
- Nistor, Cristina, Tylan Yalcin and E. Pehlivan, “Duplicity in Alternative Marketing Communications,” Markets, Globalization & Development Review.
- Schneider, Mark, Jonathan Leland and Nathaniel Wilcox, “Ambiguity Framed,” Journal of Risk and Uncertainty.
- Shukla, Pradip, “LidSuperior X Lid: A Case on Launching a New Patented Cup Lid in the United States,” Journal of Business Case Studies.
- Smith, Vernon, A Life in Experimental Economics, Vol. 1: The First Forty Years, Cham, Switzerland: Springer Nature 2018.
- Smith, Vernon, A Life in Experimental Economics, Vol. 2: The Next Fifty Years, Cham, Switzerland: Springer Nature 2018.
- Toplansky, Marshall. “Orange County: Emerging Superstar?” Orange County Business Journal July 30, 2018.
- Turk, Tom and Candace Ybarra (Forthcoming), “Property Rights and Value Creation in Organizations,” Journal of Marketing and Strategic Management.
- Van Leeuwen, Boris, Abhijit Ramalingam and David Rojo-Arjona, “Centrality and Cooperation in Networks,” Experimental Economics.