Announced on January 13, 2016
$5,000 for the 2016 – 2017 Academic School Year
Are you seeking a career in real estate? Commercial Real Estate Women-Orange County (CREW-Orange County) is a professional organization dedicated to supporting achievements of women in commercial real estate by providing its members with a network to strengthen and extend business relationships and form valuable personal contacts. The national CREW network is over 9,000 strong, and seeks to influence the success of the commercial real estate industry by focusing on fulfilling four key initiatives: business development, leadership development, industry research and career outreach.
- Must be a female Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Must be a full-time incoming junior, senior or graduate
- student for the fall 2016 – 2017 school year
- Must be in an accredited real estate program, college or university located in Orange County, CA
- Must be a citizen of the United States or Canada Focus of study is included in our qualified fields of commercial real estate (see below)
Qualified Fields of Commercial Real Estate:
Accounting, Acquisition / Dispositions, Appraisal, Architecture, Asset Management, Brokerage, Commercial Insurance, Commercial Lending, Construction Management / General Contracting, Corporate Real Estate, Economic Development, Engineering, Environmental, CRE Executive, Facility Management, Finance, Investment Management, Investor Relations, Land Use Planning & Zoning, Land Surveying, Law, Market Research, Program Management / Project Management, Public Sector, Real Estate Development, Risk Management
- Academic Record History of employment
- Personal and professional references Extracurricular activities
- Practical experience in the field (internship or job) Written statement about career goals
- Commitment to a career within the commercial real estate industry
- Noteworthy accomplishments (can be related to studies, community service, etc.)
- Complete online application
- Certified college transcripts. Graduate students must include all undergraduate transcripts in addition to any completed graduate studies.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from professors or employers. The letters must be submitted in envelopes marked Confidential and sealed by the reference with his or her signature over the seal
- An interview of the top 3 applicants will be performed by the Scholarship Committee in February
- The recipient must be available the evening of March 10, 2016 to attend the SPIRE Awards to be held at the Center Club in Costa Mesa.
Completed applications must be received no later than January 31, 2016 at the address below.
2050 Main Street, Suite 300
Irvine, CA 92614