Hi everyone! My name is Allie White and I am your new School of Communication social media liaison & ambassador! I am so excited to apply what I’ve learned in and outside of Chapman in regard to social media to expand the School of Communication’s reach, engage more followers, promote the information you need to know about, and to get you involved!

To introduce myself, I am going to be a senior, majoring in both strategic corporate communication and public relations & advertising. In the fall, I will begin my Master’s degree in Chapman’s Health and Strategic Communication 4 + 1 program, and I couldn’t be more excited! I am currently an active member in Alpha Phi, the President of the Public Relations and Advertising Association, and the Secretary of Order of Omega. I’m also starting a club with some sorority sisters in the fall, called Chapman Strong Girls, so be sure to check it out come the start of the school year! I was also involved in both the Rethink Adderall Misuse campaign as well as the SeeMeCU mental health public relations campaign, and had a blast pouring my heart and soul into each meaningful campaign! Off-campus, I’ve had internships in Los Angeles at Hopeless Records, Fearless Records, and Epitaph Records, and am currently the marketing assistant at a trade show shipping company in Santa Ana. While I might seem really busy, I am so excited and thankful to spend my time helping out the School of Communication as their social media liaison and ambassador. The SoC has given me so much in terms of experiences and opportunities, and I am so excited to give back!

Me and my best buds Happy Addy & Angry Addy

My goals for this year are simple. I want YOU to be INVOLVED! As I’ve grown into my various roles as Chapman, I’ve discovered that what you put into your experience at Chapman is exactly what you get out of it. Cliche, I know, but it’s true!! I went through most of my time as an underclassmen largely uninvolved, with my main focus on my classes and my friends. As I began to become more involved in public relations & message design campaigns on campus last year, I realized just how valuable and rewarding involvement can be. Not only do you make connections with professors and contribute to your campus community, but your voice gets heard. That’s what sold me on the importance of involvement. Whether you choose to involve yourself in the School of Communication Town Hall Meetings or the SoC instagram take overs or attending more office hours of your favorite professor, with involvement comes a megaphone, and your voice and its importance increases tenfold.

I hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know about me and my plans for this school year, and I promise this won’t be the last you hear from me! But I want to leave you with this: as we start a new school year, I want to challenge you to get involved. Whether it’s in your Greek organization, or in research with your favorite professor, or finding an on campus job– get involved at Chapman! You won’t regret it, and you’ll be so much wiser for it. Our university has so much to offer us, and our time is so limited here. It’s up to us to get involved to find out the true extent of what Chapman has to give us.