Hello all! I am Diano Pachote, a second semester senior in the School of Communication’s Strategic & Corporate Communication major. I would love to tell you about myself, including my journey at Chapman and how I became a member of the Student Advisory Board for the SoC.

Enjoying a nice Cabernet in the beautiful Lake Tahoe, Nevada. Wine is an incredibly important part of my culture and family life at home.

I hail from the Napa Valley and have lived there for the last 10 years. I am in love with my home and I do expect to return after working here in Orange County for some time. Orange feels like a small slice of home and that has made my near-four years so enjoyable outside of the classroom.

I have been seriously involved with Chapman Football since I arrived in August 2014. I have been lucky enough to have been starting since my freshman year and I was named a captain this last season. Most importantly, we won the first conference championship in Chapman Football history in 2014. To top it off, we finished my senior campaign with another conference championship in the Fall of 2017. Chapman Football has afforded me the opportunity to work and coordinate numerous events with multiple organizations in a volunteer capacity. These include Relay for Life, Caterina’s Club, Crime Survivors, Be the Match and something we began in the Spring of 2017, Chapman Special Games. Chapman Special Games is an event dedicated to special needs kids that want to experience athletics and might not otherwise have the chance. Chapman Football was good to me-but there is certainly more to this institution.

Home Opener vs. Linfield

I entered Chapman as a Kinesiology major, and shortly in I realized it was not for me. I decided to transfer to SCC halfway through my sophomore year. Unfortunately, I missed the deadline to apply for the spring semester! I was very disappointed, but I was able to take some lower division classes that kept me on track to graduate. I began my junior year fall semester with 2 courses within the major and I fell in love immediately. Travis Bartosh and Sara LaBelle introduced me to Strategic & Corporate Communication and they changed my college trajectory for the best!

Fast forward a year and a half and I’m on my way out with just 3 classes left. I knew I wanted to share some of the difficulties and successes I had throughout my undergraduate career and what better way to do that than to join the School of Communication Student Advisory Board! Here, I have a voice to help those coming from similar situations and to help them avoid mistakes I’ve made, as well as mentor them into their future successes!

Thank you for your time, and if you have any questions about anything or you would like to know more about me, please feel free to reach out!