In my last semester of college I began to work part time with one of my professors, Nick Leighton. He inspired me because, like me, he is an extrovert, takes risks, and takes himself, and his time, seriously.

Nick owns a public relations company and extended me a rare opportunity to work as a tech support contractor with FOX Sports in Moscow, Russia for the World Cup.

We were working from the International Broadcast Center— which was giant, possibly bigger than an airport.

Our purpose was to provide deploy 500 laptops and cellphones to FOX Sports employees, security and talent. We also troubleshot the crews technology while preparing for the world cup. I am good with computers, but this was the first time I have done any official tech support.

FOX Sports was very generous with our accommodations, per diem and transportation. Everything was covered and we were getting paid while traveling— not a bad way to start my first summer as a SCC graduate from Chapman University!

I worked alongside two of my new friends, Jared and Colin. Even though we had an entire team to get to know— traveling in 3’s and 4’s made it easy for us to explore and we got to know each other really well.

The city was magnificent, the buildings were all enormous and the people were great.

The day the World Cup began, everyone was glued to their work. We had successfully done our job and are even under consideration to return with the team to broadcast next year for the Women’s cup in France!

Although attending the games or sightseeing was never a part of the official plan because of our work schedule, I would still give this experience a 10/10. This was a heck of a business trip!

I want to give a huge THANK YOU to the School of Communication faculty. Every professor I’ve met in this department has been beyond encouraging, helpful and supportive of my goals and professional development!

Exactly Where You Want To Be by Nick Leighton

An inspiring book by Nick Leighton

Reading this book as I entered the work force helps me get a better picture in mind of the live I am living right now, VS the life I want to be living. If you are looking to harvest your passion for entrepreneurship and getting in control of your endeavors, I highly recommend you pick up a copy of this book.

Proud to be a Panther!