Hi everyone! My name is Rachael Kaufhold and I am one of the School of Communication’s board members. I am currently a freshman here at Chapman studying strategic and corporate communication and hopefully minoring in media journalism. I’m very excited to be a part of the board of communication and will always be around to answer questions that you may have about the school or events that will be occurring within it!

So, a little bit more about me, I was born and raised in Southern California. In fact, I’m from only about an hour away! Chapman University was always my first choice since my first campus tour. I fell in love with the campus at first sight and the major. Currently, I am involved with a few different clubs on campus: Spoon University, and Student Culinary Council. I am also involved with an independent research study with one of the professors of the School of Communication. In addition to these extracurricular activities, I love to travel, try new foods, meet new people and volunteer in my spare time. The School of Communication has allowed me to explore a few of my interests and strengthen my communication skills. It’s a win-win!

My goal as a board member is to be the best representation of the School of Communication that I can be and to communicate any additional information and events to my best ability. If you have any concerns or worries I am always around and available to help and listen. My hope is that I along with the rest of the board members can keep and encourage as many people to stay as involved as humanly possible.

Chapman University has been an amazing experience so far. I could honestly not see myself attending any other school. Chapman is warm, welcoming, and offers many opportunities to new students and transfers alike.

My advice to new students like me would be to be to be open to new opportunities, make those connections with professors, and to get involved. I’ve noticed that being involved in my first semester of college has helped me get to know my classmates and encouraged me to be open-minded to new adventures and opportunities. Don’t be afraid to try something new, it may just lead you to your passion.

Thanks for following along! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. I’m here to help!