Late this summer I learned about an internship opportunity through a friend at a company called Livenation. Livenation is the largest American global entertainment company as it sits under Artistnation and is a sister company with Ticketmaster.

Throughout my life, I have always wanted to learn about advertising and marketing and how brands and talent create such synergy. Luckily, through my summer internship, I was able to learn about this industry. I didn’t work with a team or have someone to show me the ropes. It was just me. I was given my own desk and materials but after that, the rest was up to me. Luckily, because of my knowledge from communication courses that I took at Chapman, I was able to handle big tasks, such as reaching out to vice presidents of big companies via phone call, email, or messaging apps, like Linkedin. What I learned is how important communication is not only in person, but digitally and on the phone. Being able to communicate well and create a connection with another person is the key to Artist Partnerships. Why? Because properly handling and communicating with people is what makes them want to work with you.

In addition to contacting vice presidents and CEO’s, I designed One Sheets for artists, which is essentially one sheet, like a poster, that documents information on the artists. The sheets would include demographic data that I would have to research, tour dates, ongoing partnerships, and other vitally important information. This was probably one of my favorite parts of the internship. I was entrusted in coming up with documents that showcased my design talents. These sheets would be given to other Vice Presidents and CEO’s of Livenation. Additionally, I had to do research every day on brands to see which talent could pair up with the brand. Livenation handles over 250 artists so I conducted a lot of research!

As the internship came to an end, I truly felt like I gained something out of this experience. I was exposed to advertising, marketing, and talent, but I realized how much work goes on behind the scenes to make something happen. This includes research, analysis, demographic data, money and so many other factors that need to be taken into consideration before a deal can start. This internship not only provided me with knowledge into Brand Partnerships but also helped me realize that I want to be in this field of work because it allows me to use my creative side. Luckily, my boss was very fond of me and will “keep me involved” during the school year… and hopefully after!