Over the course of the last four months, I had the privilege of interning with JetSuite, a private jet charter company located in Irvine, California. JetSuite is a relatively small company, so the opportunity to grow my professional skills and partake in the company’s rapid growth all at the same time made for a unique and exciting internship experience. I worked with the Corporate Soul department, more commonly referred to as Human Resources and Talent Acquisition. My primary role during the summer was to assist the onboarding process of new employees, helping to ensure a smooth transition for incoming JetSuite crewmembers. Through interning with this office, I was able to gain an inside perspective on all aspects of the company. Working closely with all departments provided me with a well-rounded understanding of what it takes from an operational standpoint to provide the best possible private jet experience.

I was lucky to spend four months with the company before they began their relocation to Dallas at the end of August. In July, I took the opportunity to fly with JetSuiteX to Las Vegas, and was delighted to experience what it’s like for passengers aboard the Embraer 135. JetSuiteX ensures your time traveling is more efficient and convenient, as opposed to larger, commercial airlines. For instance, arrive, check-in, and board the aircraft in as little as 15 minutes, and you are off to your next destination.

Prior to the internship I never envisioned myself heading towards the field of aviation. I have gained a tremendous amount of respect for those in the industry, and my time with JetSuite has been very worthwhile. I look forward to what the future holds, and I wish JetSuite luck as they transition their headquarters to Dallas, TX.