Announcements

Chapman Pre-Dental:

University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry – Wednesday, May 10 from 7:30-9 pm Smith Hall 115 – come join us as Stan Constantino, Director of Admissions, shares valuable information about UOP, the application process and what they look for in their applicants. This is a great chance to make a first impression and get any questions you have answered!

Senior Awards Banquet

May 18, 6:00pm check in, ceremony starts at 7:00pm

RSVP by May 16 to Monica at mcataldo@chapman.edu

Sandhu Conference Center

Crean College Commencement Ceremony:

May 20, 11:30am-1pm

Wilson Field

EXECUTIVE BOARD APPLICATION for 2017-2018 school yearà google doc:  https://goo.gl/forms/LuruZAPMItExT5YB3
For the question “Why do you believe you are the best candidate for this position?”, please state what position you are applying for.

Positions:

Chief Editor

• sends out official newsletter to Dean Hill
  • works with managing editor to compile the newsletter
  • responsible for delegating roles, keeping committee on task, and sending e-mails
  • has the final say among committee members in what gets published
  • communicates with Dean Hill
  • serves as the newsletter’s representative for internal/ external committee relations

Managing Editor

• responsible for helping lead the publication team
  • communicates with the Crean Peer/ Academic Advisors to gather information for publication
  • writes/ helps compile information for the newsletter
  • helps the editor make content decisions for the newsletter
  • takes the leading role with the design and appearance of the newsletter
  • communicates with all team members regarding content

Events Director

• collects information about clubs and events relevant to Crean on campus
  • involved with one tor more health related clubs/ organizations on campus to help relay information
  • communicates with club presidents/ vice presidents to gather information
  • finds out about Crean-specific events

Public Relations

• creates and maintains the Crean Newsletter email account
  • in charge of social media
  • directly answers to student requests/ inquiries
  • communicates with Crean students to see what kind of information they want to see
  • collects feedback from the students
  • shares subscriber feedback with the newsletter team 

Crean Senior Interviews:

Tonicia Williams

Brief biography about yourself.

My name is Tonicia Williams and I’m a senior at Chapman studying Psychology. I am an international student from Kingston, Jamaica. I have been involved in the University Honors Program, Greek Life, the Black Student Union, the orientation program, Senior Legacy, study abroad and a range of other clubs and organizations on campus. I’ve very passionate about social justice and advocacy work and want to dedicate my life to learning and teaching about social and racial equality around the work.

Favorite food or restaurant in the Orange Circle?

Pizza Press.

Favorite memory at Chapman?

Winning the Spirit of Chapman award during homecoming.

Favorite course you took and why?

Cross-cultural Psychology – I love learning about how we think and why we behave the way we do and this class allows you to explore these behavioral patterns among different cultures throughout the world. It’s an incredible way to learn about people with different backgrounds and the beauty of variety throughout the world.

What are your future career goals OR where do you see yourself in 10 years?

I am moving to Washington, D.C. in the summer to work as a field organizer for an organization called Grassroots Campaigns. They focus on social justice work and campaigning for civil rights, women’s rights, LGBT+ rights, etc.

As a senior, do you have advice for the undergraduate students?

Take advantage of every opportunity you have in college. We never have this freedom and experience again and Chapman provides us with so many opportunities to explore and learn about ourselves. Step outside your comfort zone and you won’t even believe the incredible places you’ll end up.

Elizabeth Avazian

Brief biography about yourself.

I was born and raised in Irvine, California and have been studying Health Science at Chapman University for the past four years. I will be graduating in May with my Bachelors of Science and then be going to graduate school at UCSF to obtain my Doctorate in Physical Therapy.

My favorite food in the Orange Circle is Kimmie’s! It has the best breakfast burritos, which is one of my favorite foods.

Favorite memory at Chapman?

It’s hard to say a single favorite memory, but some of them include going to Nicaragua and Honduras with Global Medical Brigades, joining Delta Gamma, and the countless memories I’ve shared with the friends I’ve met at Chapman.

Favorite course you took and why?

My favorite class I’ve taken at Chapman by far has been Physiology. I loved learning how the body worked and also loved learning valuable skills in lab. For example, we go to learn how to read an EKG machine and how to take a person’s blood pressure.

My future career goal is to become a physical therapist, possibly specializing with geriatric patients.

My advice to undergraduate students is to study hard but don’t overwhelm yourself with the stresses of school. It’s important to find a balance between your grades and social time, as these years in college are precious and go by incredible fast.

Farewell Letter from Crean Newsletter Committee

On behalf of the Crean Newsletter Committee, we would like to thank the people who have read our newsletters. It has been quite a journey conducting interviews and finding a creative outlet where Crean students can get information in one area. Thank you for your understanding that this is the first year the committee has started publishing newsletters, and there will be lots of updates for the upcoming years. If you would like to provide input, you may email us at: creannewsletter@gmail.com. To all the seniors, congratulations! To the rest of the Crean students, best of luck and continue to be inspired to be the inspiration.

Best,

Eugenia Lee ’17

Crean Newsletter Committee

Chief Editor