Crean College is a busy place and there are endless stories to tell. However, during the remainder of July, we will take a break from publishing new blog posts. The brief pause will give CHBS staff the opportunity to create a new and exciting editorial calendar for the 2020-2021 academic year. Students and faculty have an open invitation to contribute stories whenever they please but there are a number of benefits to contacting us with your story ideas during this planning phase. Here are the top three:
- You can get really good publish dates (i.e. three-day weekends and holiday breaks) which can result in more comments and shares
- Early planning can help student contributors avoid conflicts with class assignments
- Committing early will give you more time to create a thoughtful, well-written story
What kind of stories are we looking for:
- Student, faculty, and alumni success stories
- Community service or internship experiences
- Research stories (i.e. new funding, breakthroughs, or publications)
- The student journey (i.e. new discoveries, lessons learned, overcoming challenges)
- Upcoming events
- Awards or special recognition
The above list shows what we typically cover but we are always open to new ideas.
There are two options for submitting a story idea or becoming a guest writer:
Blog submissions are generally 250-300 words maximum and include two or three high-resolution images.