Announced on January 10, 2019
Submissions are now being accepted for the 4th annual Stage 32 short film contest.
The top 5-10 winning short films will:
- Be screened theatrically at 2 film festivals in a special Stage 32 Shorts Program – at the 2019 Raindance Film Festival and the Oscar-qualifying 2019 Hollyshorts Film Festival
- Be screened online to a worldwide audience on Stage 32 in a special global event
- Be showcased to over 500 executives who work with Stage 32
- Grand prize winning director will be flown to Los Angeles or London for his or her film’s screening, plus participate in a live Q&A with Stage 32 Founder & CEO Rich “RB” Botto
This years judges are:
- Miranda Bailey, CEO Cold Iron Pictures (Swiss Army Man, Diary of a Teenage Girl)
- Christina Campagnola, Agent, APA
- Kevin Parker, Talent Manager, Artists First Entertainment
- Terez Koncz, 2018 winner of Stage 32 Short Film Program
Here are the rules:
- All films must be a minimum of 3 minutes and a maximum of 23 minutes to qualify for entry.
- The short film must be made within the last 3 calendar years.
- All short films must be in digital format. No DVDs, VHS tapes or any physical format will be accepted.
- Short films can be in any language, but if not in English, they must contain English subtitles.
- All genres are welcome to enter.
- Short film must be the original work of the Entrant and may not be based whole or in part on any fictional or non-fictional material, published or unpublished, produced or unproduced for which the Entrant does not have rights.
- The rights to the Entrant’s short film should not have been previously optioned or sold.
- After a short film is entered, no new submissions or corrected videos can be made by the Entrant. No exceptions.
Please check out Stage 32’s Official Website for more information on how to enter. Also take a look at what the 3 previous winners are up to! They have had their films play at some of the top festivals in the world, had meetings with some of the top agencies, and also been given the funding to make their first feature film!
The Early Bird Deadline is February 13th.