Announced on February 19, 2018
All graduate students in the film studies program are eligible to apply for either a scholarly/creative grant or a conference travel grant.
Entries should be submitted no later than 5 p.m. on March 2, 2018.
Scholarly/Creative Grant- Apply here
Scholarly/creative grant awards are intended to provide support for a variety of clearly defined scholarly or creative projects. Funding is competitive, but all reasonably justified proposals will be considered. Scholarly/creative grant proposal budgets should not exceed $1,000.
Scholarly/creative grant award funds may be used for a number of purposes, including (but not limited to):
- The purchase of equipment, materials, or supplies directly related to the project.
- Expenses directly related to the project such as test subject remuneration, transcription services, software, license fees, or bio-hazardous waste removal.
- Travel expenses directly related to the project such as working in an archive or collecting field data.
Conference Travel Grant- Apply here
Conference travel grant awards are intended to provide support for graduate students’ travel to give accepted presentations at conferences.
Conference travel grant award funds may be used for:
- Conference registration fee
- Travel to and from the conference location (airfare, bus fare, mileage reimbursement, etc.)
- Lodging for the duration of the conference
Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org