Announced on July 13, 2017
Closures, waivers and permits, oh my! Read the message below from Parking and Transportation Services to learn more about parking for 2017-2018 and how these changes and updates may affect you.
Long Term Lot Closures
The City of Orange is partnering with Metro link and OCTA to construct a parking structure at the current location of the Lemon Street Public Parking Lot. The City has reached out to Chapman University to provide public parking during the duration of the project. In support of our long standing partnership with the city and based on occupancy data analysis, beginning Saturday, July 22, 2017 and continuing through January 2019, the Palm Lot and top level of the West Campus Structure will be temporarily converted to public parking only. We anticipate the duration of the project to be 18 months and will update the community should that change. There is ample parking available to any Chapman Community Members affected by this closure/temporary allocation in our other parking areas and the university should experience minimal impact from this arrangement.
Short Term Lot Closures
- The Palm Lot and the West Campus Structure will be closed for maintenance in preparation for the above arrangement on Saturday, July 15, 2017 and Sunday, July 16, 2017.
- The Barrera Structure will be closed for cleaning and maintenance Thursday, July 20, 2017 and Friday, July 21, 2017.
- The Lastinger Structure will be closed for cleaning and maintenance Monday, August 7, 2017 and Tuesday, August 8, 2017.
All vehicles must be removed from these parking locations during times of closure. Vehicles left parked in these parking areas are subject to citation/tow at owner’s expense. At least one commuter parking garage will be available for parking at all times during the summer.
Important Upcoming 2017 Parking Permit and Waiver Dates
- July 11, 2017: Parking Services will begin mailing permitsfor those who have registered on-line at www.chapman.edu/vr requesting the mailing option. Save yourself time and request to have your permit be mailed to you. Students are automatically assessed a parking fee. Faculty and staff must scan or mail a copy of the Payroll Deduction Form or Cashier’s Receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org before a permit can be mailed or issued. There is no option to pay on-line. For those commuting via alternative means or living on campus without a vehicle, the system is available to apply for a parking fee waiver. You must apply at the beginning of every fall semester.
- August 7, 2017: The first day permits will be available to pick-up in person at Public Safety and will continue to be available for pick-up in person Mondays – Fridays, 9am – 4pm.
- September 17, 2017: The waiver deadline for fall 2017 is September 17, 2017 at 5 p.m. Keep in mind, that If you are driving to campus, even if just one block, you do not qualify for a parking permit waiver.