Announced on May 14, 2018
Looking for an internship where you can use your passion for social media to help make life-changing products, maybe show off your Ping-pong skills and work with Michele Kennedy, Dodge College’s previous Production Manager? We have the internship for you!
Roadtrip Nation seeks a Social Media Intern to join a cross-disciplinary team that thrives on impact, collaboration, and drinking ridiculous amounts of fancy coffee.
The Social Media Intern will collaborate with members of the Creative Services, Production, and Partnerships teams to create and manage assets for Roadtrip Nation’s social media efforts and support key project initiatives. This role will assist with developing brand awareness, media strategies, and promotional campaigns while growing an engaged audience.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in social media content creation, with a creative eye, strong writing skills, and desire to be the voice for our brand.
- Responsible for executing the day-to-day of Roadtrip Nation’s social communities, engaging with followers and responding in a brand appropriate manner
- Prepare assets with descriptions/captions for all social channels
- Coordinate and support all social media campaigns including paid placements, overall promotion, community outreach, A/B testing, segmentation, and audience building
- Create engaging content for all social media channels as well as content support for the blog, and email marketing initiatives
- Identify KPIs, track performance metrics, and manage campaign reporting. Utilize these key insights to guide decisions and inform future strategies.
- Facilitate A/B Testing, segmentation, and audience building in collaboration with team
- Assist with Roadtrip Nation’s social media strategy to ensure its effectiveness
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining content calendar and digital assets
- Monitor and research emerging digital trends, social platform changes, and industry landscape to improve our content. Document and communicate best practices
- Overall project management. Working closely with cross-functional teams and building strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate performance and produce regular detailed reports on key metrics, identifying problems and providing recommendations
- Work with bloggers, influencers, fan profiles, and overall social media outreach
- Train Roadtrip Nation roadtrippers and staff on how to use social media while out on the road, liaise with team members out on the road to collect and disseminate content
- Carry out other social marketing activities as needed
- At least 1 year of experience working in social media
- Strong marketing copywriting skills
- In-depth knowledge of social media channels and advertising platforms including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Proven and strong understanding of current practices in social media and advertising
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Marketing or related field a plus
- Hands-on brand social media management
- Social scheduling tool knowledge (Hootsuite, Buffer, Sprout Social)
- Google Analytics Certificate a plus
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
View the complete internship description and application instructions here.