Announced on March 10, 2016
FROM: Dr. Ky E. Kugler, Senior Associate Dean/CES
On behalf of Dean Margaret Grogan, CES faculty, and CES donors, it is my pleasure as Senior Associate Dean to bring your attention to the scholarship and/or fellowship opportunities for academic year 2016-2017.
The College of Educational Studies is committed to offering an opportunity for financial support to all undergrad and graduate students through scholarship and/or fellowships. All CES scholarship and/or fellowship support is generally applied to a student’s financial business account offsetting tuition costs and is considered forgivable (no repayment of the monies is required). Distribution typically occurs over two semesters unless previous arrangements are negotiated.
CES financial support comes in two forms and beyond donor/specific criteria are based upon faculty and administrator review and include both merit (GPA, academic promise, leadership and service engagement, commitment to diversity, etc.) and financial need consideration.
• Endowed Scholarships (supported by CES donors) that often times are restricted to specific programs and their students. Criteria for these scholarships are clearly defined on the tables established for UG, Grad, or Program Specific scholarships.
• Dean’s Fellowships – open to all CES students regardless of program affiliation.
Visit the CES scholarship website for more information
For academic year, 2016-2017, the deadline for applying for one the CES scholarships or fellowships has been extended to April 1, 2016. All award notifications will be sent out through email by May 2, 2016. The CES will host a scholarship/fellowship donor appreciation event in early fall 2016 semester and there is an expectation that all award recipients will be in attendance.
Application Submission Process:
• Email appropriate application to: email@example.com or bring to CES front desk (Reeves Hall)
• Deadline for submission is April 1, 2016
• Late submissions will not be honored