Announced on February 12, 2020
Chapman University’s Attallah College of Educational Studies, in partnership with the CEO Leadership Alliance of Orange County (CLA-OC), invites Orange County public high school educators to submit innovative program ideas for enhancing and expanding Work-Based Learning (WBL) at their sites.
Programs proposed should focus on the following high-growth industry sectors:
- Business and Finance
- Health Science & Medical Technology
- Information & Communications Technologies
Chapman University will administer the 2nd Education Prize (ePrize) challenge. Up to three project ideas will be awarded from a $150,000 pool of funds. The teams will also earn the opportunity to work with one or more of the three participating businesses (see below).
Purpose of the Education Prize (ePrize)
The focus of the 2nd ePrize is to encourage educators to work with industry on the design and implementation of scalable pilot(s) to greatly expand WBL opportunities that contribute to career trajectory pipelines for students beginning in high school and leading into community college that will result in
- substantial growth in collaborative relationships across stakeholders (e.g., educators, employers, students)
- enhanced curriculum based on labor market needs
- high-quality internships and mentoring experiences
- professional development experiences for educators (e.g., teachers, school counselors, administrators)
The pilot(s) will play a role in inspiring sustainable models and systematic approaches for growing WBL across Orange County. Proposals that are able to leverage complementary funding (e.g., K12 SWP, CTEIG, and Perkins) and expand existing work are strongly encouraged.
The following three major CLA-OC member organizations will collaborate with the ePrize award winner(s) over the 18-month pilot to bring their project ideas to fruition:
- University of California, Irvine (UCI) has almost 25,000 OC-based employees and is the second-largest employer in the county.
- CHOC Children’s (CHOC) has almost 4,000 OC-based employees and is the 18th largest employer in the county.
- Pacific Investment Management Company (PIMCO) has approximately 1,300 OC-based employees and is one of the Civic 50 companies in Orange County.
UCI, CHOC, and PIMCO have a wide variety of job categories within their respective industry sector representing 11 of the 15 California Career Technical Education industry sectors.
All proposals and supporting documentation must be submitted by March 12, 2020 at 5:00 pm PT.
Please refer to the RFP Guidelines below for additional proposal and project timeline information.
For additional details including RFP (Request for Proposals) guidelines, budget template, and application questions, please refer the following files and webpages:
- Full ePrize RFP Guidelines
- ePrize FAQs
- ePrize Project Budget Template
- ePrize Application & Submission Forum
ePrize webinars will be held on (1) February 19, 2020 at 10:30 am and (2) February 24, 2020 at 2:00 pm.
- Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/122821883
- Meeting ID: 122 821 883
- Call-in phone number: 669-900-9128
A recording of the live webinar will be posted online for those unable to attend.