Happy New Year… and welcome to Interterm! I hope you had a wonderful winter break. I will be sending announcements only as needed during interterm, so they may not come out each week. The following are my announcements for the week of January 3:
- Interterm deadlines – Please note these Interterm academic deadlines:
o Monday, January 9, is the last day to add Interterm courses, drop courses without record of enrollment (i.e., a W), and change a course to audit option.
o Tuesday, January 10, is the last day to add internships, experiential learning projects, an individual study, or reading and conference course.
o Thursday, January 19, is the last day to drop a course with a W or change grading option (P/NP or letter grade).
- Martin Luther King holiday – The University will be closed on Monday, January 16, in observance of the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday.
- Deadline to apply for degree conferral –Seniors, although you might complete all of your degree program requirements by the end of spring semester, please remember that graduation is not automatic. All students who are preparing to graduate must apply for Degree Conferral online in the Student Center so that the Office of the Registrar may assess your eligibility to receive your degree. Please apply for the actual semester in which all your degree requirements will be (or have been) met. The online application for Degree Conferral takes only a few moments to complete and there is no cost to seniors. For more information, go to https://www.chapman.edu/students/academic-resources/registrar/student-services/graduation/. The preferred deadline is Sunday, January 15.
- Student Union Interterm hours – The hours for the Student Union during Interterm are as follows:
o Monday-Thursday: 7am-10pm
o Friday: 7am-8pm
o Saturday and Sunday: 10am-8pm
- Julianne Argyros Fitness Center – The hours for the Fitness Center during Interterm are as follows:
o Monday-Thursday: 5am-9pm
o Friday: 7am-7pm
o Saturday and Sunday: 10am-6pm
- Dining hours during Interterm – The following are the Interterm hours of our campus eateries:
o Starbucks – Monday-Friday 7:30am-5pm; Saturday and Sunday 8am-1:30pm
o Einstein Bros. Bagels – Monday-Friday 8am-1pm; Closed on Saturday and Sunday
o Qdoba – Monday-Friday 11:30am-5pm; Saturday and Sunday noon-5pm
o Jamba Juice – Monday-Friday 11am-3pm; Closed on Saturday and Sunday
o Rotunda Café – Monday-Friday 7am-10pm; Closed on Saturday and Sunday
o Randall Dining Commons – Monday-Thursday 7:30-9:30am, 11:30am-1:30pm, 5-8pm; Friday 7:30-9:30am, 11:30am-1:30pm, 5-7:30pm; Saturday and Sunday 10:30am-1pm, 5-6:30pm
- Randall Dining Commons will only be open during each meal period.
o Subconnection, Simply to Go @ Digital Media Arts Center, and Twelve will be closed
- Parking updates for Interterm –Here are a few parking reminders for Interterm:
o Valid parking permits are required at all times, even during Interterm.
o During Interterm, resident permit holders may leave vehicles parked in the Jim Miller structure levels 3-5. There is no vehicle storage permitted in any other lot, and vehicles left parked beyond 15 days in any location other than the Jim Miller structure may be towed. Please store all valuables out of sight, as the University can assume no liability for any theft or damage to vehicles left parked on University property.
o The parking fee waiver deadline for the spring semester is February 19 at 5pm. Students who had a parking permit during the fall semester but will not need one for the spring semester must return their parking permits and submit a waiver request online at www.chapman.edu/vr by the waiver deadline in order to receive a refund for the spring portion of the parking fee.
Additional information regarding parking can be obtained at http://www.chapman.edu/campus-services/parking-services/ or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FAFSA preferential deadline March 2 – Don’t forget that the 2017-18 FAFSA preferential deadline for financial aid is coming up on March 2. The website is www.fafsa.ed.gov. This is a critical deadline for those of you receiving federal, state, or Chapman financial aid.
- Panthers playing at home during Interterm –
o Women’s Basketball v. La Verne on Wednesday, January 4, at 7pm; v. Redlands on Saturday, January 7, at 2pm; v. Claremont-M-S on Wednesday, January 18, at 7pm; v. Whittier on Saturday, January 21, at 2pm; and v. Cal Lutheran on Saturday, January 28, at 2pm (Hutton Center)
o Men’s Basketball v. La Verne on Thursday, January 5, at 7pm; v. Redlands on Saturday, January 7, at 4pm; v. Claremont-M-S on Thursday, January 19, at 7pm; v. Whittier on Saturday, January 21, at 4pm; and v. Cal Lutheran on Saturday, January 28, at 4pm (Hutton Center)
o Men’s Ice Hockey v. UC Santa Barbara on Friday, January 20, at 9:40pm and v. Cal Lutheran on Saturday, January 21, at 7:10pm (KHS Ice Arena, Anaheim)
o Swimming & Diving v. Occidental on Saturday, January 28, at 10:30am (Allred Aquatics Center)
- Events in the Arts during Interterm – There are no events scheduled during Interterm.
It’s nice to have you back and I hope you have a great Interterm – jmp
Jerry Price, Ph.D.
Dean of Students and
Vice President for Student Affairs