Last week, important election races occurred across the country with a mix of expected and surprising results. Which race(s) did you pay the closest attention to? How will the outcome of that race shape the political landscape?
- The Virginia gubernatorial race. Congrats, Ralph!
- Sad about Utah, but happy about New York, Virginia, Georgia, New Jersey. #Scoreboard2k17
- Corporations run the show. Your wallet is your ballot. But even our monetary system is based on falsehoods because the federal reserve is a privately owned scam.
- Didn’t even know! Gotta step up my political involvement game.
- Race? Virginia. Shape? Encourage Democrats to pour on steam for mid-terms. Encourage Republicans to address party problematics.
- We were delighted that the Democratic Party was able to generate such a groundswell in voter base and volunteers, especially in an off-year election. The overwhelming Democratic victories demonstrate that the Trump election model is neither viable nor sustainable. –Chapman Democrats
- TBH I only paid attention after the results were announced. But, Danica and Andrea Jenkins are bringing more inclusivity to US politics, which is nice.
- Retweet! F**k transphobia and I’m glad she kicked the butt of that transphobia dude in Virginia, but she wasn’t the first trans woman in a gov. office in the US. Check Hawaii.
- Our club discussed the New Jersey and Virginia elections. Although it would have been ideal for the Republicans to win the gubernatorial races, it isn’t a surprise that they lost since both New Jersey and Virginia are blue states. We don’t expect these results to affect the political landscape much. –Chapman Republicans