- How long have you been working at Chapman / how did you get here?
This is my 8th year at Chapman as a coach. I was an undergrad at Chapman and played for Coach Bokosky for four years. When the position opened up 8 years ago I was the Head Coach at my high school alma mater, and was fortunate that Coach Bo asked me to come back and be a part of the program.
- What’s your favorite story from working at Chapman?
Driving a van full of basketball guys to conference road games every week creates a book full of great laughs and stories.
- What’s the best part about working with student-athletes at Chapman?
There’s a unique bond that is formed between a coach and player when you go through the rigors of a collegiate season. What’s special is that I get to go through those experiences when the athlete is 18-22 years old, and then see them take what they’ve learned to their jobs and families when they leave Chapman.
- What is the best moment from your couple of years of coaching at Chapman?
My first and third year here as a coach we won the SCIAC Championship on our home floor. Those moments and memories last.
- Anything else you want to say to alumni?
We always appreciate the support of the current athletes and hope to see you at a game soon!