The annual Argyros School Honors Award Ceremony and Banquet was held April 10, 2019. High achieving juniors, seniors and graduate students were recognized for their academic accomplishments. The Sandhu Conference Center was full with award winners, their family, and friends, plus Argyros School faculty and staff who came to celebrate and recognize this year’s award winners.
Dean Thomas Turk, Ph.D. hosted the ceremony. He shared a brief background on each of the 14 award winners, acknowledging their many accomplishments both inside the classroom and outside. Many students had impressive extracurricular involvement in addition to their academic achievements.
Following the annual student achievement award presentation, 46 students joined the Chapman University chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma. Beta Gamma Sigma is an international academic honor society for students in business schools accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Beta Gamma Sigma membership is restricted to the top 10% of students in undergraduate programs and top 20% of students pursuing graduate degrees. The students receiving this honor were inducted into membership due to their high scholastic achievement during their time at Chapman.
Congratulations to our annual awards award recipients:
- Dr. Richard L. Hulsizer Scholarship Award: Andreja Stamenkovic and Kristy Harada
- Dr. Lynne Doti Award for Excellence in Economics: Anika Prednis
- Lynn and Art Wiederman Accounting Scholarship Award: William D. Simmons and Grace Tsai
- Luis Villalobos Award for Entrepreneurship: Amanda Gregory
- Faculty Award for Academic Achievement (MBA): Alexander Noh-Joon Choo
- Faculty Award for Academic Achievement (Executive MBA): Steven Jaksch
- Faculty Award for Academic Achievement (MS Accounting): Zeid Anabtawi
- Financial Executives International Award: Molly Mackris, Molly Miller and Cecilia Wang
- Delta Sigma Pi Scholarship Key Recipient: Kevin Dayan and Emma Schneir
Congratulations to our Beta Gamma Sigma 2019 inductees: