Name: Laura Sanchez

Position: Executive Team Leader Intern

Company: Target

Degree/Year/Concentration: BS in Business Administration, 2023, Marketing Emphasis

What excites you about this company/job?

Target is a great company to work for because it offers competitive pay and the opportunity for growth in different areas of the business. Moreover, it is also rewarding to get to work for a company that is so highly recognized and loved by the public. Getting to intern this summer was a great opportunity for growth and I really got to understand what it means to be a leader by actively working with teams.

How did you strategize landing this internship/job?

I applied to this internship through Target’s website, and I think the most important thing when interviewing is being well prepared and also knowing why you want to work for that specific company. This is something that will set you apart from others.

Give students some career advice for anyone looking for an internship/job in this market (based on what you did)?

I would say don’t give up, finding a competitive internship is hard but you just have to keep applying and doing your best to find something that is the right fit for you. I also think having a strong resume helps and utilizing resources Chapman Universuty provides to edit your resume is super useful.