Cameron Cooper, a Business Administration major with an emphasis in Marketing and a themed inquiry in Leadership, is set to graduate in December 2024 — a semester earlier than expected. As a transfer student, Cameron quickly immersed himself into the Chapman University community, making the most of his time here. “My experience at Chapman has been great,” Cameron shares. “As a transfer student from a different four-year university, the Chapman community has embraced me and given me a unique perspective on how great this school really is.”

Active Involvement on Campus

Cameron has been deeply involved on campus, taking advantage of the vibrant Chapman community. One of his most notable roles is serving as the Event Manager for Rage Magazine, where he coordinates events and works alongside a talented team of planners. “Last semester, we hosted a great event featuring the band ‘Where’s Wesst’ and ‘Chapman Thrift and Flea‘,” Cameron recalls. “It was one of the highlights of my time here, seeing everything come together and watching students enjoy the experience.”

Beyond Rage Magazine, Cameron has been active in several student organizations, which has helped him develop critical professional skills and build his network. “Being part of different clubs has really sharpened my marketing and event-planning abilities,” he says.

A Well-Rounded Academic Experience

When it comes to academics, Cameron’s experience at the Argyros College of Business and Economics has been transformative. While it’s hard for him to single out one particular course, he points to his finance class, FIN 317, as a surprising favorite. “I didn’t expect to enjoy FIN 317, but it ended up being incredibly valuable with many practical takeaways,” Cameron explains. “It taught me more than just financial theory—it gave me real-world skills that I know will be useful in my career.”

In addition to his academic pursuits, Cameron also values the creative environment and location that Chapman provides. “I chose Chapman because of the creative community and its location in Southern California,” he adds.

Gaining Professional Experience

Cameron has wasted no time building his resume with valuable internships and freelance opportunities. He worked in field marketing for Guayaki Yerba Mate, where he planned activations, events, and partnerships. He partnered with local creatives to share cans, he even patented with Chapman Thrift and Flea, a club on campus to hand out over 1,200 cans in one day. Cameron also gained experience at the Television Academy, helping to coordinate Emmy events, and at Volt Agency, managing social media influencer ads. This year, he worked to engrave the Emmy’s of winners, such as Ayo Edebiri, from The Bear. “In addition to these internships, I also do freelance marketing and event work,” he says. His experiences in the marketing field have not only enhanced his skills but also opened doors for future opportunities.

When asked about advice for students seeking internships or jobs, Cameron emphasizes the importance of diversifying one’s experiences. “Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Diversify your experiences and network. If one opportunity doesn’t work out, you’ll have others to fall back on.”

Looking Toward the Future

With graduation on the horizon, Cameron’s long-term career goals are clear. “I want to use my marketing skills to have a lasting impact,” he states confidently. Reflecting on his Chapman journey, Cameron admits that test-taking has been one of his biggest challenges. “Test-taking has always been a challenge for me, but through practice and perseverance, I’ve learned how to improve and become a better test-taker,” he shares.

Cameron leaves Chapman not only with a strong academic foundation but also with a wealth of hands-on experience and personal growth. “I’ve definitely learned how to be a better student, grown a lot as a person, and polished my business marketing and networking skills,” he concludes.

Connect with Cameron on Linkedin >>>>