At Chapman, career is a priority, so we make it simple. Unlike many universities that separate alumni and student services, you have one core team serving you. We’ve reaffirmed our commitment to your professional success and promised to be your Career Connection for Life.
Today we are now proud to announce that, as a reflection of that promise to you, all alumni – regardless of graduation year, program of study, or current employment status – have access to Chapman’s Career Portal, Handshake.
Once logged in, alumni (and students) can use Handshake to search for jobs (full, part-time, internship, entry-level and senior alike,) schedule in-person or virtual career coaching appointments, access career resources, network, research companies, and more.
Whether you are in transition, are considering a career pivot, or simply want to explore those free alumni perks available to you… today is the day! Request your account and let’s start this journey together.
SIGN-UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT
1. Go to www.chapman.joinhandshake.com
2. Click “Sign up here” in the upper right corner and continue the signup process just as you would for any other online account.
Note: Alumni do NOT need to use a Chapman or .edu email address. Choose the email address that you prefer to receive Handshake notifications at, and that you have access to confirm the new account.
3. Check your email and confirm your account.
4. We’ll review your request and activate your account within 3 business days.
5. Start Exploring! Once your account is approved, you can access Handshake’s full features, including events, resources, appointments, and jobs! You can access your Hanshake account on-the-go by downloading the app (available on Apple and Android.)
6. Questions? Many Handshake questions can be answered via a quick search on Handshake’s Student/Alumni Help Center. Additionally, support can be found at Chapman by contacting the Office of Career and Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 714-997-6942.
Employers are looking for you! (not just students)
- Alumni are the second-most sought-after candidates on Handshake, a close second to graduating seniors
- 59% of employers post alumni jobs
Home to Diverse Opportunities
- 250,000+ employers
- 500/500 Fortune 500 Companies
- Opportunities located nationally and internationally
- Opportunities in every industry
- Ability to filter jobs by location, industry, qualifications, function and more to fit your unique career aspirations
Chapman Career Services are FREE & FOREVER (yes, forever!)
Alumni have lifelong access to full-service career support. This includes career events and fairs, career coaching (both in-person and virtual for those no longer residing in OC,) job postings, and tools such as Vault, business journals, Goin Global, InterviewStream, and LinkedIn Learning.
Start exploring the variety of resources available to you today! We can’t wait to connect and help you reach your goals… we’re eager to support you as you achieve anything imaginable.