The new cover!

By the illustrator, Lisa Mertins

Well, a computerized drawing board, anyway…

I knew it would be easy to fix any changes with my final paintings in Photoshop but I didn’t anticipate that the first piece I finished so it could sent to Mill Press would be the one that would need extensive correction. When I found out there was a revision for the cover, I was really thankful for good ol’ Photoshop!

covercolorsm

The original cover

With the change of title, there was consensus we should show more of a stage scene compared to my original cover art. Now that I’ve made the fixes, I agree that it helps compliment it.

In the past when I was painting, I wasn’t proficient in Photoshop. I eventually created almost all my art with it. I just adore how easy it is to make corrections with scanned paintings. Now, I know it’s easier for me to paint and make corrections than it is to create original Photoshop art!

Here are the two paintings I used to give Jimmy more stage:

25sm

Page 25, before the show starts

26smcolor

Page 26, nervous Jimmy!

Can you tell it’s cut and pasted on the new cover? And can you pick out the details  from pages 25 and 26 that I added?

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!

Visit our friends!

A few highly recommended friends...

Set your Twitter account name in your settings to use the TwitterBar Section.
Log In
Open Main Menu