Hello readers of the Dodge College of Film and Media Arts blog! My name is Johnny Newnes and I am so excited to announce that I will be writing for this blog on a semi-regular basis. However, before I get to blogging about different events and happenings going on here at our wonderful film school, I want to introduce myself, first.

I am a student here at Chapman University pursuing my undergraduate degree in Screenwriting. I’m somewhere in limbo between being a junior and senior, but I’m not stressing about it; I’m at school and loving every minute of it and that is all that matters. I have worked as a professional writer for the past few years, and am co-founder and co-author of the food blog
Confessions of Two College Foodies
(
www.confessionsoftwocollegefoodies.com
) where my partner and I author original recipe posts, restaurant reviews, travel pieces, and other tips and tricks for working with and enjoying food. I guess I would say that my passions are film, television, and food – 3 very important forms of entertainment that we all love.

Chapman Student on location

Born, raised, and still living just down the road in Seal Beach, I have grown up in Orange County my entire life. The opportunities here have been seemingly endless for me. Chapman was perhaps the greatest opportunity, which has given way to even more great opportunities. I was recently selected to act as assistant to Sorrel Geddes, the outreach and events coordinator here at Dodge College of Film and Media Arts. I am so excited to be working with her as this allows me to get involved with a great number of different events and the opportunity to meet a lot of really great people.

As an assistant to Sorrel, who handles alumni outreach efforts and events, I will be blogging about such alumni events every so often. I’m looking forward to entertaining and informing you about some of the great gatherings that happen here at Dodge and the inspiring alumni who come out of this school, but return in order to reconnect and give back to their alma mater. I’ll be seeing you around!