As films from both current students and alumni continue to venture out on the circuit, here is the latest on the festivlas they have played and the awards they have won:
Erin Lau (MFA/FP ’18) – THE MOON AND THE NIGHT
- Official Selection of the Oxford Film Festival and Finalist for the Artist Vodka Film d’Or Award.
- Official Selection of the Hawaii International Film Festival and Runner Up in the Best Made in Hawaii Short category.
Amanda Renee Knox (MFA/FP ’17) – NIGHT CALL
- Just won its 37th award at the 24fps Film Festival at the historic Paramount Theatre in Abilene, TX.
- Won the Bermuda International Film Festival qualifying the film for a 2019 Live Action Short Academy Award.
- Has played over 65 festivals all over the world. Here is a small sample of the festivals it has played at:
- Pune IFF, Norwich FF, Southern Screen, Lublin IFF, Ft. Lauderdale IFF, Twin Falls Sandwich Festival, Rivers Edge FF, Washington West FF, Portland FF, Peoria FF, Kerry FF, Bushwick FF, Tulsa American FF, San Jose International Short FF, Williamsburg IFF, Jerome Indie Film & Music Festival, Hell’s Half Mile, Port Townsend FF, South Dakota FF, Westfield IFF, DC Shorts FF, Skyline Indie FF, Middleburry New Filmmakers FF, Open Air Filmfest Weiterstadt, and many more!
- Officially recognized as a Vimeo Staff Pick.
John Sayage (MBA MFA/FTJ ’17) – ESTA ES TU CUBA
- 1st Place Gold Circle Student Award Winner at the 36th Annual Caucus Awards.
Gang “Garfield” Wang (MFA/FP ’18) – ADMITTED
- 2nd prize at the 7th International Micro-film Festival for University Students.
- Official Selection of the 5th Cross-strait College Students Film Festival in China.
- Official Selection of the Near Nazareth Festival.
Sam Wineman (MFA/FP ’18) – THE QUIET ROOM
- Official Selection of San Francisco’s Another Hole in the Head Film Festival.
- Official Selection of the Soho Horror Fest in London.
- Official Selection of the Los Angeles HorrorHaus Film Festival and winner of Best Student Film and Best Actor.
- The film has won 7 Best Film Awards and 3 Best Actor Awards.
- The film has played in 34 festivals, with more on the way. Here is a small sample of the festivals the film has screened at:
- Horrible Imaginings, Skyline Indie Film Fest, aGLIFF, Philadelphia Unnamed FF, FilmQuest, Outflix, Sioux City IFF, NOLA Horror FF, Hot Springs International Horror Festival, Halloween Horror Picture Show, Reeling, Fargo Fantastic FF, The Sacramento Horror FF, Out on Film, Northeast Wisconsin Horror FF, Eastern Oregon FF, Suburban Nightmares, Mix Copenhagen, Out For Blood (Cambridge Queer Horror), Buffalo Dreams Fantastic FF, NewFest, and many more!
- The film has also received write ups in several publications including Rue Morgue Magazine, Scream Magazine, HorrorBuzz, Billboard, iHorror, and Out Magazine.
- Sam will also be a guest on a December episode of Blumhouse’s podcast, Attack of the Queerwolf!
Rikki Albert (BFA/DA ’18) – THE BIRDS AND THE BEASTS
- Won First Place in Animation at the Women’s Independent Film Festival.
Alex Greenlee (’19) – UNHEARD VOICES
- Won the Audience Award at the Sacramento Film & Music Festival.
Alex Greenlee (’19) – DEAD WALL
- Won Best Director and Best Horror Short at the Los Angeles Independent Film Festival.
- Won Outstanding Acting Performance (Sabrina Wrabley) and Outstanding Special Effects (Wyatt Hall) at the Zed Film Festival.
- Official Selection and one of 10 films to screen at New York’s Big Apple Horror Film Festival.
- Semi-Finalist at Screamfest 2018.
Kendall Goldberg (BFA/FP ’17) – WHEN JEFF TRIED TO SAVE THE WORLD
- Gunpowder & Sky aquired worldwide rights to the film and will distribute it under the company’s FilmBuff label. It will be available on all major VOD platforms on December 7th!
Congratulations to everyone!
Remember to keep us updated on how your films are doing by e-mailing updates to email@example.com. If you attend a festival make sure you send pictures to us as well so we can include them in future posts!