Alex Greenlee (BFA/FP ’20) – DEAD WALL
- Russian International Horror Film Festival – Semi-Finalists for Best Horror Short. They were the only US film to win an award.
Amanda Renee Knox (MFA/FP ‘17) – NIGHT CALL
- Will air again on PBS nationally as part of Film School Shorts out of San Francisco. They will be paired with a documentary about first responders. The film will screen on the public television stations in Chicago (WTTW), Maryland (MPT), San Francisco (KQED 9), Oregon (OPB), New York (WLIW All Arts Channel 4).
- It has a limited theatrical release curated by Washington Post chief film critic Anne Hornaday.
- They also will screen in China this summer.
- To date the film has screened in almost 80 festivals, won 38 awards, aired on PBS twice, been in consideration for an Oscar (by winning an entire festival), won a DGA award, ASC finalist, presented at a Policing Conference at Penn State and the Munich Embassy. They’ve also received a thumbs up by critic Nate Kohn who runs Roger Ebert’s festival. Amanda is also currently working on a project with Academy Award Winning Editor Chris Innis (THE HURT LOCKER), she will be Directing and Producing the project.
- Blackbird Film Festival – Best Dramatic Short and Audience Award.
Leah Sherman-Weiner (BFA/FP ‘20) – HELP WANTED
- Austin Student Film Festival.
Nikhail Asnani (MFA/S ’19) – THE FOAL
- The International Horror Hotel Film Festival.
Kunlin Wang (MFA/FP ’18) – OBSCURE
- International New Talent Competition at the Taipei Film Festival (selects 10-12 debut or second feature films).
Hannah Warling (BFA ’18) – DIRT
- Dances With Films.
David Bashford (MFA/FP ’18) – VOXGIRL
- Playhouse West Film Festival.
Ginger Chen (BA/S ’19) – TERRA NOVA (feature screenplay)
- Best Action/Adventure – Oaxaca Film Festival.
- Best Feature Script (Quarter Finalist) – Paris Play Film Festival.
- Semi-Finalist – Colorado International SciFi & Fantasy Film Festival.
Ben Oliphint (BFA/TWP ’20) – POP!
- Best Teen Film at the Anaheim Film Festival.
- Life-Off Genre Festival Online.
- Sunday Shorts Film Festival.
Joe Chen (MFA/FP ’20) – THE MOTHER
- Washington DC’s Asian Pacific American Film Festival.
Kiersten Villanueva (BFA/FP ’19) TRIBU IN THE MIX
- Anaheim Film Festival.
Brian Robau (MFA/FP ’17) – ESTA ES TU CUBA
- Audience Award for best short international film at the Newport Beach Film Festival.
Christian Hurley (BFA/FP ’20) – THE TRANSLATOR
- LIIFE: Long Island International Film Expo.
Erin Lau (MFA/FP ’18) – THE MOON AND THE NIGHT
- Best Narrative Short at the Ozark Foothills FilmFest.
- Nantucket Film Festival.
- Sacramento Asian Pacific Film Festival.
- Crested Butte Film Festival.
- PBS Film Festival towards the end of the summer.
Hadley Hillel (BFA/FP ’18) – CALAMITY FALLS
- Julien Dubuque Int’l Film Festival – Nominated Best Short.
- Gold Movie Awards – Best Short, Director, Screenplay, Production Design.
- Caorle Film Festival – Best Story, Production Design.
- Toronto Int’l Nollywood Film Festival.
- Indie Short Fest (LA Film Festival).
- Amsterdam Int’l Film Festival – Award Winner.