Alumni Romina Nabiee, MSPS (’17) and PhD Candidate

Introduction

My name is Romina Nabiee. I graduated from Chapman in 2017 with a Master’s of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences (MSPS) with focus on oncogenic metabolic pathways. Now I am a PhD student in pharmaceutical sciences with a focus on KSHV Virus Immunology at chapman. When I’m not a mad scientist in training, I’ve either buried my nose in a book, trying new recipes or discovering new adventures.

Career

I am still a student at Chapman so I get to be involved with new coming students and also the faculty but also as a PhD student I get to be more involved with other academic environments which has thought me a lot about chapman and now much we are a family rather than an institute, and also I am the teaching assistant for different classes which I love very much because of the challenge of always being ready and steps further from the students to be able to answer their questions and guide them.

Goals as Alumni Advisory Board Member

As an AAB Board member, I want to focus on the sense of connectivity and support that we can offer as a community to the newly graduating students. I want them to know they are not alone and done with Chapman once they put on their regalia. They can count on us to help advance their career and to give back to the student community. To have the honor of connecting the new students with the alumni to make our community move forward further every single day!

Memories at CUSP

As traumatizing as it sounds, I loved the nights before integrated exams. I walked into the library at 3:00 AM, and it was filled with classmates studying, I also loved the days after the exam when I practiced the ritual of washing the exam away.

Messages to CUSP Alumni and Students

As cliché as it sounds, never stop moving. Each point of our lives, sometimes it seems like there’s no hope left.  That everything is going downhill, but don’t surrender!  Keep pushing forward even if sometimes it is as small as daring to think about something new because ten years from now when they look back at it they’ll be happy they decided to move forward instead of drowning n the still water of stress.